Welcome to Paris!
To ensure you have a pleasant stay in the French capital, you need to know a few tips and tricks.
Arriving in Paris...
- Airports : getting out of the airport click here
- Taxis : be careful about unregistered taxis, set fares, longer journeys etc. click here
- Buses : punching my ticket, ticket prices , pickpockets, RATP service etc. click here
- Metro : counterfeit tickets, ticket prices, resellers, RATP website etc. click here
- Car : parking, normal charges, Autolib etc. click here
Travelling around Paris...
- Theft : on public transport, in department stores etc. click here
- Scams : petitions, card tricks, the gold ring trick etc. click here
- Places where scams take place : Montmartre, railway stations, Eiffel Tower etc. click here
- Walking safely : use a shoulder bag, make sure your bag is closed click here
- Cash machine : €300 scam, skimming etc.
- In your car : do not leave valuable objects on show, car-jacking, lock your car, car alarm etc.
- Restaurants/bars : clear indication of prices, jug of water scam etc. click here
- At a football match : black market tickets etc.
- Shows/cabarets : ticket touts, black market etc. click here
I've been the victim of...
- Emergency numbers
- 17 = just one number for the police
- 15 = medical emergencies
- 112 = European Union emergency number
- Embassies and Consulate in Paris
- Website (French)
Enjoy your stay!